Request a Callback

Quick Divorce - how long and how to speed it up!

Here are some top tips on how to speed up a process which can take up to 24 weeks!

Check the basics

Firstly, in order to get a divorce in the UK, you and your spouse must have been married for at least one year. You will also need to file for a divorce on one of the appropriate grounds (two-year separation, five-year separation with consent, adultery or unreasonable behaviour) and will need to consider which of these is appropriate, if any, before you file for divorce. Finally, if you meet the relevant criteria, you need to take stock of your situation and decide whether you’re certain that you want to divorce your spouse. The last thing anyone wants to do is commence proceedings only to change their mind half way through.

Get together and talk

Should you decide that you do indeed want to divorce you spouse, it is of the utmost importance that you discuss matters with them beforehand. Receiving an unexpected application for divorce is certain to cause offence and this is likely to delay your application.

During discussions, it is of the utmost importance that your spouse agrees to the divorce. This can be difficult, but provided that you communicate effectively and inform your spouse that you no longer wish to remain married, then they will more than likely agree. If they do not agree to divorce in the first instance, do not attempt to pressure them into accepting as this will more than likely exacerbate the situation and leave your spouse feeling like they’re being pushed into a corner. Instead, exercise patience and allow your spouse time to consider the situation. Once they realise that you do not want to remain married to them, they will more than likely agree to a divorce.

Agree your reasons

As stated above, you will need to file for a divorce on one of four specific grounds, and it is strongly recommended that you and your spouse agree on which of these grounds you intend to rely before filing for a divorce. In addition, you and your spouse should agree your date of separation and other various pieces of information though these will differ depending on your grounds for divorce.

Confirm financial and contact arrangements

The most contentious issues in any divorce revolve around finances and arrangements for contact with children. As a result, you and your spouse will almost certainly have in depth discussions concerning these matters and should both come to amicable agreements following these having concluded.

If you and your spouse are unable to agree arrangements concerning your finances and children, then you will be required to attend court hearings whilst your divorce is processed. This will result in your application for a divorce being subject to significant delays. Agreeing matters beforehand, however, will see your divorce processed promptly.

Find your marriage certificate

We know that important documents always seem to go missing but, unfortunately, there’s no way around this: you will need a copy of your marriage certificate before you can file for a divorce. Don’t panic if you’ve lost your copy, you can obtain a new one from the relevant registry office, though you will need to pay a small fee. Having your marriage certificate ready before you commence proceedings will prevent unnecessary delays, reduce you and your spouse’s stress levels and, above all else, see your divorce processed as quickly as possible.

Contact your local county court

Some courts may receive more applications than others – a county court located in the centre of London is likely to receive more applications than a county court in rural Wales, for example.

It is also worth mentioning that a District Judge will be required to review your documentation in order to ensure that all matters are in order and that your application for a divorce can proceed. It is therefore worth enquiring as to how often the Judges located at the relevant county court review these applications. If nothing else, this will give you a better idea of how long your application may take.

Couple this with the fact that any county court located within England or Wales can issue divorce proceedings on your behalf and it make sense to make a few enquiries before choosing which court you intend to use.

You should still use a court that is near to you of course – remember, you may need to attend the court at a later date – but, if travelling a few extra miles results in your divorce being processed quicker, it’s worth it; trust us.

Choose the right company

Currently, the best means of obtaining a quick divorce is to use an online company such as Quickie Divorce provided your circumstances allow this. Most providers of online divorces use automated software to generate the required documentation (known as ‘spooling’) resulting in them being produced far more rapidly than when they are completed manually and the quicker your documents are prepared, the sooner you can file for a divorce.

The speed with which documents are produced isn’t all that you should consider when selecting which company should handle your divorce, however, and there are several other factors which need to be taken into consideration before you make your final decision. How, for example, will you be treated whilst your divorce is processed? Few providers of online divorce are willing to provide support and assistance throughout the entire divorce process and even fewer actively encourage their staff to develop the empathic skills required to effectively support its customers during such testing times.

You should also check how the company will collect your marriage certificate. Will they expect you to send it in by post, or arrange for a courier to collect this document and ensure its safe delivery, for example? Also, will they then send your completed documents to the relevant court by post – again leaving matters outside of their control – or deliver the documents to the court by hand, again guaranteeing their safe delivery and a swift turnaround.

It is also worth enquiring as to when support will be available. Many companies will only offer support and assistance during normal working hours and fail to take people’s busy lifestyles into consideration.

Quickie Divorce realises how important it is to support it customers throughout the online divorce process and therefore offers its customers enhanced support and assistance by ensuring that the relevant departments work enhanced hours, courier collections for important documents and also hand deliver your documents to the relevant court. As a result, Quickie Divorce offers the speediest service and most satisfactory experience of any provider of online divorce.

It is in your best interest to ensure that your divorce is processed as quickly as possible; reducing the stress and anxiety subjected on you and your spouse and allowing you to begin your new life without delay.

Comments 16

OMG!! This is certainly a shocking and a genuine Testimony..I visited a forum here on the internet on the 20TH OF feb 2018, And I saw a marvelous testimony of this powerful and great spell caster called dr bante on the forum..I never believed it, because I never heard nor learnt anything about magic before.. Not a soul would have been able to influence me about magical spells, not until dr bante did it for me and restored my marriage of 8 years back to me and brought my spouse back to me in the same 48hours just as I have read on the internet..I was truly astonished and shocked when my husband knelt down begging for forgiveness and for me to accept him back.. I am really short of expressions, and I don't know how much to convey my appreciation to you dr bante , you are a God sent to me and my entire family.. Here is ..... His Email: or call him or whatsapp him +2347059073543


I live with a new partner and we are still both married I've been separated 7 years and my partner has been separated 14 years

Christina Turner

After being in relationship with him for seven years,he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should rather contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that never believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I mailed the spell caster, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know,,. that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by ,..referring him or her to the only real and .,.,,powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the fake ones out there. Anybody could need the help of the spell caster, his email: you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or anything. CAN NEVER STOP TALKING ABOUT YOU SIR HIS EMAIL ADDRESS CONTACT HIM NOW FOR SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEM


Hello, Please call our advisers on 0800 803 0813 - they will be more than happy to provide you with further information and answer any questions that you may have.

QD Admin

Hi I would like to divorce my husband of three year as he cheated on me three times . I do not wish to name the person(s) involved

Cheryl berry

Hello, me and my husband have been separated roughly 3 and a half years, our reason for separation was due to him being on heavy drugs and refusing help I have not heard from him at all the past 2 years please could you let me know where I stand with divorce? Kind regards Naomi

Naomi Mcarthur
Oldbury, birmingham

Hello, Thank you for your comment. Please call our advisers on 0800 803 0813 and they will be happy to provide you with more information regarding the divorce process.

QD Admin

Hello Naomi, Would you be able to contact your spouse? If he agreed to the divorce, you would be able to file on the grounds of two-year separation.

QD Admin

Hi, me and my ex has been separated for nearly 4 years. Married in UK. We're both living abroad . He has moved on, he has his new partner. I wanted to know even we're not in UK, if I could still get a quick divorce? Please help me Thank you

Rozeda Maderbocus

Hello, You could possibly file for a divorce in the UK if you still had ties to the country but this can be difficult and we would recommend that you seek the services of a solicitor.

QD Admin

Hello, I have been separated from my husband for 2 years and 2 weeks. I would like to know how much it will cost for a divorce, we are both in agreement and would like to not include solicitors.

Michelle Murphy

Hi im looking for a divorce being seperated over 10 years now and my ex dosent seen to be bothered we do still speak when we need to other then that wouldnt really give him time of day just wondering on how much it will cost all together if you can get back to me that would be great

Samantha corden
Stoke on trent

Hi im looking for a divorce being seperated over 10 years now and my ex dosent seen to be bothered we do still speak when we need to other then that wouldnt really give him time of day just wondering on how much it will cost all together if you can get back to me that would be great

Samantha corden
Stoke on trent

Please call our advisers on 0800 803 0813 - they'll be happy to provide you with more information and answer any question that you may have.

QD Admin

Please call our advisers on 0800 803 0813 - they'll be happy to provide you with more information and answer any question that you may have.

QD Admin

Please call our advisers on 0800 803 0813 - they'll be happy to provide you with more information and answer any question that you may have.

QD Admin